by Joan Albrecht
When it comes to a beauty routine, I like to keep it pretty clean and simple. I am like Patti and my skin is very prone to breakouts. I used to get really bad cystic hormonal acne on my chin but finally found a skincare routine that helps! I also want to share my tried and true hair care and makeup products. The best part is that most of these are all pretty affordable!
Finding what works best for you is about trial and error. It may take some experimenting but a lot of these products you may have seen all over social media and IMO, are deff worth the hype!
Along with eating healthy, drinking lots of water, exercising, and getting enough sleep, these products really helped with my skin! I have normal to dry skin and it gets super dry in the winter so all of these products are very hydrating.
1) First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream $38.00: this face lotion is the most pricey on my list but so worth it! super hydrating and is great for the winters or if you have really dry skin.
2) Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser $11.59: great simple and affordable hydrating face wash!
3) Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen $34.00 sunscreen is very important and should be used daily. this one feels super soft and smooth. love that it is clear and you don’t have to rub it in!
4) Rae Complexion Supplements $14.99: I recently started using these supplements and see a difference in my skin. I also love how affordable they are!
*In addition to these products I also take spironolactone and a topical ointment prescribed from my dermatologist. I recently found Astrophe and the products they have are very similar to what my dermatologist prescribed! I have not tried them out yet but they have really great reviews.
I don’t like to splurge too much on makeup products. I used to but I heard somewhere that most makeup products have similar formulas no matter the price. I also tend to run out of a lot of these products quickly so I don’t really like spending that much money on them.
1) Elf Wow Brow Gel $4.00: Elf products are such a great affordable makeup line! I use this after filling in your eyebrows to keep them in place
2) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Potion $13.00: this primer is great for keeping your eyeshadow on all day/night
3) Elf Camo Concealer $6.00: very affordable and has super great coverage.
4) Elf Infant Lift Eye Brow Pencil $3.00: great for filling in your brows and giving them a full look and you can’t beat the price!
5) Sky High Mascara $8.99: this mascara really adds length to my lashes!
6) Urban Decay Setting Spray $15.00: I just started using this setting spray and I think it really helps to keep my makeup in place!
7) Milk Cream Highlighter $21.00: I love adding a little sparkle to my finished makeup look! this highlighter is nice and light.
8) Hoola Bronzer from Benefit Cosmetics $30.00: this has been in my routine for years! the product lasts a long time and is great for adding color to your face and defining your features.
I have been on a Moroccan Oil hair kick recently. I love their hair oil, leave-in, and hair mask. However, I did recently try their shampoo and conditioner and did not love it. I have been wanting to try Prose out, I have heard really great things!
1)Morrocan Oil Hair Oil $15.00: I use a little hair oil at my ends if my hair is looking dry and frizzy. Smells so good! A little goes a long way so a small bottle will last you a long time.
2) Amika Heat Protectant Serum $26.00: another product I have been using in my routine for years. It smells so good and does such a great job of keeping your hair healthy when you use heat.
3)Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Hair Mask $16.00: this leaves my hair so soft and smooth.
4) Moroccan Oil Leave-in Conditioner $28.00: such a great leave-in product! smells amazing and keeps your hair smooth and strong.
LTK’s Top Beauty Products:
Like to Know It is a great resource to find top-rated products from home decor to beauty to fashion. Make sure to download the app and follow me on there @patticakewagner to shop my Instagram posts and get my exclusive app-only content. Here is a round-up of LTK’s most popular beauty products!